Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day 3

Ok... well, regarding sugar cravings I've been doing pretty well.  I think since I was sick all week (PRIOR to this diet) and have been stuffing down healthy veggie foods I still have not had major sugar cravings until about an hour ago.  I quickly ran into the kitchen to find my 'go to' food, guac/chips.  But couldn't find my chips and opened all sorts of cabinets and saw horrible things - OREOS.  And more.  Wow I was really jones-ing for my sugars but I continued until I found my chips and immediately relaxed as I enjoyed my treat.

That led me to look into making my own tomato-free guac and just in case someone had a perfect recipe I am going to use this one.  Only I will remember to KEEP the pit in the quac to keep it from browning. 

As far as detoxing... I am totally feeling it.  I'm lightheaded as I type right now.  Plus, last night I could barely sleep  because I had the itchy rash I usually get in the heat or at summertime, AND I got it on the arm that never gets it.  I actually felt it first last night before bed.  I did eventually get an ice pack to tether to my arm and that always helps numb the itch so I can sleep. But that first 10 minutes or so it seemed even the ice pack was not working.  By about 30 minutes (and a change of packs) I could finally relax and eventually removed the pack.

I was also hot and cold all night - mostly hot. That's not common in winter either and it actually made sleep hard.  Actually I just felt - off - during the night, making sleep hard.

Indeed even now with my light-headedness, I've got the jitters and have had them all day and even last night felt spurts of energy.  Friday was an "energetic day" but not jittery.  I can't actually recall if I had more energy yesterday, I do know I relaxed a lot.  Took a long hot bath with epson, etc.  I don't think I was particularly tired or energetic.  So I guess these jitters are pretty much a new feeling I've been experiencing today that maybe also had something to do with my lack of sleep last night.

Yesterday I made a bunch of almond milk.  I LOVE almond milk so I am considering this a treat to go to when I feel a sugar craving.  Surprisingly I'm not gulping it down as fast as I have in the past when I made it, but probably because I've cut down all intake of foods and water is more of my go to drink.

Tomorrow we are going up to a mountain for snowboarding and it's an all day event.  Yikes.  I have to really get foods prepped.  Maybe I will make more of this drink I just created.  It tastes pretty good and the flavor is good for satisfying cravings.  It's the ginger that cuts cravings most, I suppose.  Here's what I did:
   Ginger Spice Drink - mix on high for a couple minutes in a vitamix (blender)
   about 3-4 slivers ginger root
   about 3 slivers tumeric
   about 1/4 part almond milk to 1 part cold water
   cinnamon
   cloves
   cardemmon
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment