Friday, January 29, 2016

Day One

I was sick with the flu this entire week! I've never been hit so hard that it took me 4 days to feel good enough to function on a computer.  But -- I also forgot to make coffee on the worst day (day number two) of the flu - and of course that meant I was going through sudden coffee withdrawal symptoms alongside my flu.

I had already reduced coffee consumption to about 6 oz per day... I was preparing to get off of it so that I could start a Candida Diet, but it was taking me longer than I thought. So when I forgot - or was too ill- to make coffee on Tuesday and my head pain struck, Tuesday night, I decided to ride it out to the end my coffee addiction alongside this flu and start my Candida Diet immediately.

I feel great today!  While sick, whenever I could manage to sit at the computer for 10 minutes at a time I did some research this week to refresh my memory about what foods I can eat on the Candida diet.  And I did go out yesterday, despite the lingering withdraw pain, and picked up a small arsenal of foods to get me started on the diet.  My plan is to do a full-on cleanse for 25-30 days until my body kicks out the worst of the candida in my system.

I did eat organic guacamole and ancient grain chips this morning. I was starving and couldn't wait to fix food.  But it's ok, just moving on.


Research I am saving from today
I really enjoyed this post by Gillianb, who is also a coach. I guess people might want a coach but for me I'd turn to this blog, or a friend, when I really need help.  I loved that she listed the ingredients for a homemade tea, or "elixer" as she called it.  I just picked up fresh organic ginger root and tumeric root, as I LOVE ginger tea with honey on my normal diet but am not going to be using tea bags so needed to get the real thing. Last night I made it without the honey but really wanted to soften the flavor so tried a tester with coconut oil.  The texture bothered me too much for me to tell if I liked the flavor.  But now that I see this post and her use of the oil in her drink, I will keep at it. I will not consume stevia during my cleanse.

"elixir: turmeric, lemon, ginger, cinnamon in hot water, blended with a little stevia, sea salt and coconut oil."
http://www.gillianb.com/vegan-candida-diet/

I also stumbled across this website where she blasts the candida diet - but seems she's referring to those who eat it long term.  Interesting stuff.  I hadn't realized people use the diet as a long term option, for me it is about clearing the system and starting over.  I expect it to take 20-30 days, and I would go longer if I thought it might impact my health issues. But definitely am looking forward to adding back some of the foods I will be without.  http://empoweredsustenance.com/busted-candida-myths/

Pages visited earlier this week:
I liked this one's list of foods, seems to match closer to what I originally knew about the diet:
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/natural-foods-that-support-candida-cleansing-and-what-to-avoid/

No comments:

Post a Comment