Monday, February 8, 2016

Day 10

I have realized that food and drink temperature can be helpful when I need change, or something to help quell any cravings. I still have cravings, yes. I had hoped they'd subside by now. I do think they are more mental now than physical. 

Anyway the point is that I keep doing things like, freezing little balls of my beloved almond milk, or heating up things (like my yummy broth) and both of those more extreme temperatures help to satisfy my need for "something different".  Of course, using various spices does that, too.  I was just surprised by the temp being so helpful.

I added cold pressed virgin coconut oil - a heaping full - to my recent batch of 2-cup Almond milk. It was good - the coconut was subtle in the background. I have been trying to add more plain coconut oil (other than just using it for cooking) so this seemed like a great way to do it.

I made macaroons last night with dd.  Oh, dear. That was truly a challenge for this diet. It smelled so good.  And each time we would take turns with mixing, whatnot, I found I would (really rather accidentally) lick my fingers, or take a swipe and taste. I'd get so caught up in it I just forgot that I was eliminating all sugar.  I figure it was day 9 and at least I went 9 days before getting a taste. And it was really - just a taste, nothing more.  But some online sources say that means I have to start all over.  I say that's extreme and I trust that my body can beat this candida, despite that momentary lapse.  I drank a lot of water after we baked though so I could wash it out faster.

Once per day I take a small piece of meat.  I have gotten in the habit of using high heat to sear the little piece to add even more flavor.  Cooked with onions and garlic which fairly quickly carmelizes in that high heat.  I add cumin, salt and my new favorite pepper, cayenne. It's really good.

I can't think of anything more to add.  Stay strong. Stay on the anti-candida wagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment