Sunday, February 14, 2016

Day 16

Jumping ahead several days.  I just don't get on the computer as much while on this diet.  I'm in the kitchen a lot more.  Plus, I had a phase of low low energy and found myself just lying around the house a lot.  I feel like my energy is back, but that period was tough.  I think it was ketosis.  I have been trying to eat all the time now, whereas last week it seemed time would pass and suddenly I'd realize I was starving.  Now I just try to nibble on a raw veggie at all times.  I'm having radishes, right now.  Maybe I've also added a tad more meat than I was.

The raw veggie wrap lost it's charm by the third wrap.  Lucky because that's just how many come in a package.  Now I would just prefer to grab a handful of raw veggies and snack on them.  I also realize that wrapping in a leafy green actually sounds more appealing.  I haven't done it yet but it's an option I may get to.

I also was having doubts about eating grains and nuts.  So I chatted with a friend on Friday and asked what she gave up and she said in her 2-week cleanse she had no grains... I forgot to ask her about nuts.  So since Friday, just veggies and meat/eggs.  I plan to finish this up on this no-grain/nuts plan until Feb 26 at which time we will be traveling and I guess I will be off the diet.  So that will mean the first 2 weeks of this diet was strict, but allowed non-gluten grains/nuts.  The last 2 weeks will be stricter with no grains or nuts.  I'm just thinking I want to hit this body hard and if there's any negative effect by adding grains I don't want it.

I feel good.  Not fantastic, but good.  I'm not sure if it's hitting the hard spots of my health issues, yet.  But I have to remember that when I did this as a younger, stronger woman, it took all the way to day 28 to actually conquer a major health issue.

I've also taken to adding sea salt to my water to make sure I restore lost electrolytes.  I haven't researched whether this is proven scientifically but it seemed harmless.  Plus I recall reading about adding sea salt to water for people having migraine issues...  And water has been really big lately because I've been so, so so so thirsty and difficult to quench my thirst.  I was putting lemon into the water but decided to steer away from it and started putting ginger root into it, instead.

And I've added supplements to my probiotic/enzymes.  Well, I should explain I started probiotics /enzymes supplements in first week of the diet.  I picked up a Bentonite Clay supplement that first week, as well, but didn't add it into my habits, yet.  Last week I picked up a charcoal capsule supplement which I started yesterday, but didn't get any today.  It's hard to remember it because it says to take one hour before eating and, well, I'm always eating.  Finally I added psyllium flakes for fiber.  I plan to just have it once in the mornings.

I have noticed my stomach is less bloated.  It isn't a miraculous change but certainly noticeable.

Later today I had hints of a headache but it hasn't really come on strong.  It feels migraine -ish.  I will hit bed a bit early to see if I can knock this out as it is already waning a bit.  No migraines or headaches since this diet started.



No comments:

Post a Comment